Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste and now we give a little bit twist with Anise.
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 5 pcs. Anise
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, and vinegari in a large bowl. Mix well. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. Note: the longer the time, the better
- Heat a cooking pot. Pour cooking oil.
- Sauté the onion, then add the garlic followed by the tomatoes.
- Pan-fry the marinated chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade.
- Add dried bay leaves,anise and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken gets tender
- Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!